Monday, July 20, 2009

Update: Hippocampal Shape analysis (by Ronald)


I have been doing literature review on the structure of hippocampus. I've found that the most common approach for shape analysis on hippocampal surface for Alzhemier disease is to partition the surface into several parts, namely, LZ, SZ, IMZ. See figure.
I am trying to partition the hippocampus surface accordingly on the template. Using surface registration, I am going to partition all the hippocampus surfaces. The goal is to study the atrophy at different parts due to Alzhemier Disease.

Our group has developed a nice algorithm to do shape analysis using hyperbolic ricci flow and pant decomposition. The partition may possibly help us to modify the topology of the surface so that we can use hyperbolic geometry to study the shape. I am thinking a consistent algorithm for topological modification.

No comments:

Post a Comment